Fire River Poets Open Poetry Competition 2016
Closing Date: 31st October 2016
- Prizes: 1st Prize £200, 2nd Prize £100, 3rd Prize £75
- Entrance Fee: £4 for one poem, £7 for two, £10 for three, £3 for each additional poem.
- Poems may be in any style and on any subject. They must be the entrant’s original and unaided work; in English and not a translation; have a maximum of 40 lines per poem excluding the title and be printed or printable on one side of A4 paper.
- Up to six poems per entrant may be submitted, provided each is on a separate sheet and the correct entry fee is paid.
- The entrant’s name must not appear on the poem.
- Poems must not have been published (in print or online), or have won a prize in a previous competition, or be currently submitted to another competition or for publication.
- Members of Fire River Poets and their immediate families are not eligible.
- It is regretted that entries cannot be returned.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into. Click here to read about the competition judge, Alison Brackenbury
- Submission of a poem implies the entrant’s acceptance of the rules.
- Postal Entries (with cheque or Money Order)
- Poems must be accompanied by the correct payment and a sheet of paper giving titles of poems, entrant’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Send to: Fire River Poets Poetry Competition 2016, 2, Deane View, Bishop’s Hull Road, Taunton TA1 5EG (Please ensure sufficient postage is paid.)
- Please make cheques and International Money Orders payable to FIRE RIVER POETS. We can only accept pounds sterling (GBP).
- If acknowledgement of entry is required by post, send SAE marked ‘A’ for acknowledgement
- Online Entries (via PayPal)
- Please use the PayPal payment section at the end of this page
- After completing the purchase, please create an e-mail with your poem(s) and details as follows:
- Put your PayPal Transaction Reference in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, list the titles of poems you are submitting, together with your name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Attach each poem to the email as a separate file (.doc, .docx or .pdf format)
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification of Results
We will notify prizewinners by the end of January 2017. A list of prizewinners and winning poems will appear on the Fire River Poets website as soon as possible after this notification. Copyright remains with the author.
Please use this section if making your payment via PayPal
- Choose the number of poems to be submitted from the dropdown box.
- Click the PayPal ‘Buy Now’ button
- Note, you do not need a PayPal account and can choose the option ‘Pay with a debit or credit card’.
- Your payment will be acknowledged automatically by PayPal